Thursday, September 26, 2013

Narrative

We were given a paper to write that was about a positive or negative experience we had with language. I chose to write mine about a book I read that made me want to become more of a reader that what I was. Originally, I was never fond of reading books. It could never really grasp my interest and attention. I was more of a movie fanatic than I was a reader. I could never figure out if it was just because I thought reading was boring, or if just never read a book that captured my attention. In 7th grade, when I was introduced to the novel Milkweed, I did not feel the same way about reading and books. Milkweed followed a little boys story during the time of the Holocaust. Not only was the story well told, The Holocaust also played a part in me liking the book. I always took an interest on learning about that subject. I actually enjoyed reading the book from the beginning to the end. Reading a book that caught my interest made me want to see what other books could do the same. So from there the cycle began and I jump started into reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment