Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Scrimmage

For my second out-of-class event, I decided to attend a Richard Bland Basketball scrimmage. When Mr.Sweeney informed us that this counted as an event, I quickly jumped at the chance to go because Basketball is a passion for me, so the fact that I could go to a game and it count for my class made it all the better for me. Needless to say, I was expecting more from the Statesman team. I had played with a few of them during gym hours before, so I was expected a really good college game from then. It was nerve racking when they could barely bring the ball up the court and produced numerous turnovers in the start of the game. I know they have good handles from seeing them play before, but i wasn't showing up when game was going. I can admit, alot of the players on the team have a nice shooting ability and good athleticism, but you need substance to back it up to create a shot and create plays. That's were handling the ball comes into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment