Thursday, January 30, 2014

DEADEND!

Mr. Sweeney recently gave us the sheet with the topics for our research papers. He is doing it a little differently this semester. Instead, the sheet we were handed had a variety of different subjects to choose from. Some of these subjects ranged from mass media to sexuality. So instead of Sweeney giving us the topic, the class had to unanimously agree on three of the subjects from the list. He gave us time in class to talk to one another to find common interests. I feel the outcome did not plan out as he had pictured in his head when he thought of this whole idea. We could not, as a class, agree on three topics. Not many people (including myself) were willing to compromise on some of the issues the other classmates were interested in. Some classmates did try to use some persuasive techniques like explaining why the issue they wanted could work for their benefit. As good as that idea sounds, it was not a very good success. They were stubborn to side with topic picked by their classmates and were just willing to choose their own. This incident did come to me at a particular time during our discussion. Many classmates wanted to choose sexuality as a subject, but I had disagreed. It's not that I have a disliking towards the groups of people in the subject, it's just the fact that I wanted to at least get a topic I would actually have a little caring about in order to write a good honest paper. But this subject I would not have much to write about, due to the fact that one, I dont care too much about the whole controversial issues about rights and what not. Two, I kind of disagree about some issues, but I don't want to go in to detail about why I don't agree and offend anyone, and I just don't like discussing it with others. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree I don't think he should do it this way. I wish he would just pick our topics point blank no agreements. but I guess we will all just fight this semester.

    ReplyDelete